Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Survival Of The Dead (2009)

Director: George A. Romero
Starring: Alan Van Sprang, Kenneth Welsh and Kathleen Munroe

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1134854/


The latest in Romero's zombie franchise. This one has a direct link to 'Diary of the Dead'. One of the main characters is the asshole military guy from 'Diary'. Basically it's him and his crew trying to survive. They make their way to an island that has a couple families at war. The Muldoon's and the O'Flynn's. Seem's the Muldoon's don't believe in killing their dead. They come from the old school and want to let the dead roam, while hoping to find a cure or a way to teach them not to eat humans. The O'Flynn's however are popping of the Muldoon's dead relatives left and right.

I was a little apprehensive about seeing this one. George has been making a lot of zombie flicks lately and I hate to see one of my heroes let me down. When I first popped it in I was more than disappointed... it started off with too much obvious cgi. I went ahead and stuck it out because it was Romero and it did get better. As always his script and characters pull you in. Although it's not his strongest venture, it's still better than anything at the local cinema.

Verdict: * * * 1/2

- Xtoph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...