Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lords Of Dogtown - DVD - Angled Doors Review

 This flick is about the start of skate boarding as we know it. Written by Stacy Peralta it chronicles the early days and rise to stardom of Stacy, Tony Alva and the rest of the Z-boys. From the interviews I've read with people like Jay Adams it's not completely factual, but that's understandable when your trying to make a PG-13 film out of a XXX life. There's cameos by everyone in this film to, which is cool. The most surprising performance was Heath Ledger as Skip, the head of the Zephyr team. I've seen this movie 6 times and I just now recognized him... I guess he's a better actor than I always thought. I also really dig the film stock they used making this. It's got that 70's feel to it, so you really believe it's taking place in the era. This dvd has the basic extras. After seeing both versions I recommend picking up the unrated version.

- Xtoph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...