Sunday, January 16, 2011

Goosebumps: Creepy Creatures - TPB - Angled Doors Review

 I was never a fan of Goosebumps when it first came out. It wasn't until recently I started to groove on R.L. Stine. I ran across this the other day and decided to check it out. It's three Stine stories in comic book format. First we have "The Werewolf Of Fever Swamp" illustrated by Gabriel Hernandez. (Clive Barker's The Thief Of Always comic) After I started this story I was hooked. Second was "The Scarecrow Walks At Midnight" by Greg Ruth. (Matrix comics) The artwork in this made me feel like I was reading one of my old Creepy or Eerie magazines. Finally the book closed with "The Abominable Snowman Of Pasadena" by Scott Morse. This is where my interest waned. His artwork was too "cartoony" and I just couldn't get into it. But for the price of the book it was well worth it just for the first two stories.

- Xtoph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...