Sunday, January 16, 2011

Spider-Man Fearful Symmetry: Kraven's Last Hunt - TPB - Angled Doors Review

I remember getting this in the single issues when it first came out. This is what re-newed my interest in Spider-man. No longer a kiddie story. This has great personal narrative told through the 3 main characters of the storyline, Spider-man, Kraven & Vermin. This is a much darker story than you are used to for Spidey, comparative to maybe The Dark Knight Returns. Kraven hunts down Spidey, poisons him and buries him alive. The two weeks he is in the grave, Kraven takes on his identity. Meanwhile, Vermin has come up from the sewers to feast on human prey. This is a must have in anyone's collection. It's been almost 20 years now since I read it and I still find it as gripping today as I did when I was a kid.

- Xtoph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...