Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Perfect Getaway ( 2009 )

Starring: Steve Zahn, Milla Jovovich, Timothy Olyphant & Kiele Sanchez
Directed By David Twohy
FINALLY......  A movie that didn't get as much hype as others, but knocked em out all the same.  I will admit at first I was a little timid about seeing this, but after forking over 30 bucks on 3 shitty films, what more did I have left to lose?  Other than more money;)
Here is the basic plot.....Two pairs of lovers (Zahn & Jovovich, Olyphant & Sanchez) on a Hawaiian vacation discover that psychopaths are stalking and murdering tourists on the islands.  I'm sure you'e all seen the commercials, and such.  Trust me this movie is a 2 thumbs up flick.  The settings, scares, and ending are worth the ticket price, but so is another aspect.  The Hitchcock feel.  
I enjoyed sitting in my seat the and didn't feel twitchy, or bored.  the pace and feel kept me intrigued, but the constant "who the fuck is doing this" and paranoia had me guessing.  It was like actually being on vacation with my wife and another couple and being stalked.  I'd Imagine.  The only reason I didn't give this another star was because the first 15 minutes seemed to drag a little bit, but when it got moving, IT GOT MOVING.  
In closing I want to recomend this movie to anybody who wants a real horror feel and not some CG monster.
Overall rating ( * * * 1/2 )
-Mr. What?-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...