Saturday, August 8, 2009

G.I. Joe ( 2009 )

Starring: Dennis Quaid, Sienna Miller, Ray Park, Marlon Wayans & Channing Tatum
Directed By Stephen Sommers
Yeah I paid to see this movie, and was not let down.  Unlike the last 3 movies I reviewed which were nothing more than wallet drainers, this one lived up to my expectations.  Non stop action, cheesy plot, and big BOOMS were aplenty.  Yes Marlon Wayans is playing a character from the show who was white, big fucking deal.  Yes the story is lame compared to District 9, but goddamn it look what show it's based after!  Not offend the Transformer cult, but I watched both shows as a kid, and favored G.I. Joe just because of the high impact ( Sorry liberal kids, I'm an American and love guns ) weapons.
So on with the show....  Here is the basic plot from what I gathered....An elite military unit comprised of special operatives known as G.I. Joe, operating out of The Pit, takes on an evil organization led by a notorious arms dealer. 
Fine thats it.  From here on out it's what any fan would expect, and thats the way it should be.  Where transformers seemed to be nothing more than a sappy emo robot disaster flick, this is just a live action version of the cartoon.  Some of the Joe team members Look different than the show, but are just as badass.  My favorite like millions of others is Snake Eyes, just because of the look and feel from the show, sans his sidekick wolf.  I do however think that Channing Tatum was a terrible choice for Duke and can only hope that if there is a sequel, that Mr. Sommers will get a better actor than Mummy Tatum.
Before any of you say a fucking word about how it looks, or how lame it seems, please do me a favor and shut the fuck up.  This is a movie you have to watch and have fun with!  Our economy sucks, and Our president is getting a low approval rating, so why not watch so non stop action and just have fun?  After watching Funny People, I deff. needed to see something like this!
Overall rating ( * * * )
-Mr. What?-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...