Friday, August 21, 2009

Inglourious Basterds (2009)

Starring: Brad Pitt, Eli Roth, Christoph Waltz, Diane Kruger & Till Schweiger
Directed By Quentin Tarantino
YES!!!!!!!!  Finally a War movie that doesn't bore me to death.  I grew up watching The Dirty Dozen, and the Great Escape with my dad.  We would always cheer when Nazis died, and felt a little more prouder to be American after viewing them.  Recently war movies have become boring and to political for me.  Yeah shit goes KABOOM! and people die, but I'm not going to feel all depressed after seeing it.  This movie made me stand up afterwards and clap.  It had it all, Blood & Gore, carnage, comedy, Revenge Killing, and an awesome fucking ending.  If you have ever wondered what it would be like to see The Dirty Dozen mixed with a Grindhouse flick, then you are in for a treat!  The only problem I have with Tarantino flims is the Fanboys.  Which to me, are typically White, Loud Mouthed, Overweight, obnoxious motherfuckers who ruin movies.  I feel that if I pay money to see a movie, you don't need some asshole who runs a shitty record store with mommy and daddy by day, and plays in a shitty punk band at night, gabbing through the whole thing.  Well folks, I had to deal with it, but you know what?  I was more intrigued with the other crowd......Senior Citizens....Yep, Old Folks.  I saw More walkers and elderly folks than I did at the King Kong Remake 4 years ago.
I guess they wanted to see Nazi Scum Die one more time before they (old People) died.  So here is the story Line in a Nutshell........In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a group of Jewish-American soldiers known as "The Basterds" are chosen specifically to spread fear throughout the Third Reich by scalping and brutally killing Nazis. The Basterds soon cross paths with a French-Jewish teenage girl who runs a movie theater in Paris which is targeted by the soldiers...............Yeah and thats just a tip of the ice berg.  Brad Pitt does an amazing Job Playing Lt. Aldo Raine.  A man hellbent one thing and one thing only...Killing Nazis.  Lt. Raine also demands 100 nazi scalps per man in his unit, oh and he will get his scalps....I mean, How the fuck can you go wrong with a guy like that???  Eli Roth must've had some penned up agression in this movie playing Sgt, Donny Donowitz or better named The Bear Jew by the Germans.  To see Donny whack skulls like Ted Williams, was amazing...Imagine the gruesomeness of Hostel in a non EMO War movie!!!!!  I must say that my Favorite guys was Sgt. Hugo Stiglitz played by Till Schweiger.  Hugo turned against the Germans and killed a grip of higher commanders, only to be picked up the Basterds for their mission...Many of you might remember Till from SLC Punk as the paranoid Weed dealer who lost his family in a plane crash.  My god watching him try to sit next to nazis on an undercover mission was fucking awesome.....wow....all in all this movie was long and had your typical Tarantino build up and finish, but it wasn't weak, or overdrawn in any way.  Oh and yes Mike Myers makes a cameo in makeup, but compared to Tom Cruise last summer in Tropic Thunder, Myers looked...well, like an older version of himself.  Man If you want to see an awesome double feature I would suggest this and District 9, they both seem to finally make summer movies worth seeing...sometimes twice;)
Overall rating ( * * * * * )
Mr. What?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...