Friday, March 6, 2009

Watchmen (2009)



Director: Zach Snyder
Starring: Billy Crudup, Jackie Earle Haley, Jeffrey Dean Morgan & Malin Akerman
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0409459/

 The long awaited, much anticipated Watchmen... honestly... I totally expected to hate this film. I hated Zach Snyder's last project '300' and I thought they destroyed Alan Moore's 'V For Vendetta' when it was adapted. But as it turns out, this wasn't half bad. Most of the subject matter is close enough to the graphic novel. I'm not going to waste time debating the differences and how it could have been better or what they shouldn't have changed. I knew it wouldn't be perfect. Most adaptations aren't, but this still managed to be an enjoyable film. I may not be going back to theaters to see this, but I will definitely get the DVD. Let's hope for an extended cut on this.

Verdict: * * *

- Al B. Damned

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...