Friday, March 20, 2009

Knowing (2009)



Director: Alex Proyas
Starring: Nicholas Cage & Chandler Canterbury
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448011/

 Fifty years ago a time capsule is buried by a school. All the kids in the class drew a picture and put in for the future class to get. One of these ends up being a list of dates for catastrophic events and the number of people who will die. After the time capsule is dug up and Nick Cage's son gets the list he figures it out and tries to stop the upcoming ones from happening.

 Fuck... from the synopsis of the film and the previews I did not think this would be that great. I don't even know what to say about it. Fucking intense! Hours later my head is still reeling from the religious overtones. Proyas did an amazing job directing, especially the single shot airplane scene. I'm still a little unsure of how I feel about the ending, but it is definitely not what I would have expected. I already can't wait to see this one again.

Verdict: * * * * *

- Al B. Damned

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...