Monday, March 16, 2009

Tales From The Darkside - Season 1 - DVD

Tales From The Darkside: The First Season


http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086814/

 One of the greatest things form my childhood re-released in a DVD set. You get three discs with just about nothing extra. Kind of a disappointment.

 Reading another review it was brought to my attention that on the back of the box it says "Some episodes may be edited from their original network versions. Music has been changed for this home entertainment version." Now it's been some years since I've seen the show... and sometimes things don't live up to the memory, but it seemed off from the start. Seems they did change the music. Lame. Also states that it includes commentary by George A. Romero. Ended up being another letdown. Only on one episode and it's so sparse it seems kind of pointless. I don't understand why Paramount and CBS can't come up with something extra for us.

 Aside from all of that, it's still a great series. Twenty-Four half hour episodes of one of the greatest horror anthology series of my childhood. Still worth what I spent. I was just left wanting more.

Verdict: * * *

Al B. Damned

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...