Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Soloist (2009)

Director: Joe Wright
Starring: Robert Downey Jr. & Jamie Foxx
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0821642/

 Robert Downey Jr. is a writer for the Los Angeles Times. While searching for a story he meets a homeless schizophrenic musician played by Jamie Foxx. Over the course of the film he becomes his friend as he writes about him and tries to help him.

 The movie is decent, but somehow I expected more. I like the story and the music and at times it is moving. There were too many parts I found myself drifting away though. It couldn't keep me glued throughout the film. If you're looking for a touching drama this week, this will be the film to see.

Verdict: ***

- Al B. Damned

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...