Friday, February 27, 2009

Street Fighter: The Legend Of Chun-Li (2009)



Director: Andrzej Bartkowiak
Starring: Kristen Kreuk, Chris Kline, Neil McDonough, Michael Duncan & Robin Shou
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0891592/

 Alright, everyone knows Street Fighter! It's a game we all grew up on and loved. They made a movie about it before with Van Damme that totally sucked. It was an embarrassment to cinema, but they tried to fix that with this one.

 Kristen Kreuk plays Chun-Li. She does a pretty good job, I enjoyed her role. The action was good and fun. The film was made so kids could watch it as well as adults. Everyone was pretty enjoyable. A few moments that bordered on cheese, but not too bad.

 The biggest fault of this film was casting Chris Kline. WTF!!! This guy can't act for shit. Everytime he opened his mouth I expected him to say, "Suck me beautiful!". I'm not sure what the point of his character even was, everytime he had screen time it totally slowed down the pacing of the film and made me lose interest.

 I dunno, it was an entertaining film that I would totally enjoy watching with my nephews. I probably would have given it a 4 if they left all of Kline's scenes on the cutting room floor. It wasn't as good as the martial arts films of my youth, but I wasn't expecting it to be either. I give it 3 *'s.

- Al B. Damned

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...