Friday, February 27, 2009

Jonas Brothers: The 3-D Concert Experience (2009)



Director: Bruce Hendricks
Starring: Joe Jonas, Kevin Jonas & Nick Jonas
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1229827/

 I came in with an open mind, wanting to give this movie an honest chance, because there is obviously a target audience somewhere... far, far from being me. That was out the window in the first few minutes...

 It's your basic concert video that cuts between some behind the scenes b.s. and concert footage. From the get-go all the behind the scenes style footage seemed obviously scripted. Then it has them running down the streets of New York while being chased by thousands of girls, as if they are the Beatles. There is even a reference to them being like the Fab Four later in the film. They are far from it.

 This consists of a lot of poorly constructed pop songs and sped up cut scenes reminiscent of Menudo. These guys have the looks the little girls go for, but lack the talent. It's kind of sad... little girls are creaming their panties over these little boys who actually probably like boys.

 Taylor Swift also made an appearance with the boys singing her "Shoulda Said No" song. That just was too much for me. I really hate these pop singers claiming they are country music. A fiddle and a banjo does not make you country. Sorry. Stop trying.

 I've been trying really hard not to rip into this film... obviously I have not been doing to well at keeping from that. On the plus side the guys did write most of their own songs. So I guess they have more talent than I thought... it's just a shame that even for pop songs they fall flat. The best of the bunch only being "ok" and the worst... well... you don't want to know. I give this one *, only because I can't give it lower.

- Al B. Damned

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...