Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sorority Row ( 2009 )

Starring: Margo Harshman, Rumer Willis, Jaime Chung, Leah Pipes, & Audrina Patridge
Directed By Stewart Hendler
Yeah, Yeah, Yeah I've heard all of the same BS from everybody.  "this movie sucked, Ugh another dumb slasher flick?, Man are they ever going to do anything original?" Typical complaints from the same type of crowd, but what if we, as a collective could just tune them out?  Would that make you want to see this?  I did, and honestly liked it.  Sorority Row is nothing new and amazing, but holds it own in a Grindhouse way.  There are plenty of Boobs and Gore, but it's the attitude and guts this movie has that made me like it.  The plot is simple, and we've seen it before.  A group of sorority sisters try to cover up the death of their house-sister after a prank gone wrong, only to be stalked by a serial killer.
Yeah Just like IKWYDLS and kind like Black X-mas combined, but not as lame and cheesy.
Gone are the 90's aspects of These types of horror movies.  Famous faces using a genre of film to boost their market value.  I mean c'mon Scream and IKWYDLS almost killed the horror movie all together.  Sorority Row however, has this kinda Fuck it attitude and keeps it running throughout the whole movie.  The gore isn't hard core Like Rob Zombie's Halloween, but at times it gets the point made.  I really liked the characters in this movie too.  I live in a college town and have to reside next to the type of bitches played in this movie, so seeing them on the bigscreen being made fun of....well made me laugh.  ESP. the character of Chugs (harshman).  This chick is such an exaxct replica of my neighbor it's scary.  At  times though, it was a little much with the constant "sister this and sister that". I know it's about a bunch of Sorority sisters, but hey enough with the sister talk.  The acting was so-so, but Rumer Willis suprised me.  The daughter of Demi Moore and Bruce Willis really brought some sort of dignity to the film.  She didn't run around sreaming and crying, No....she actually showed a badass side of herself.  Imagine brawling like dad, but looking like a clone of mom...complete with the husky voice.  Yeah just for the near nude shot of her made me laugh.  I looked behind me and saw 8 12 year olds in awe of her body;)  Yeah guys this movie wasn't bad.  If you have a chance to see it during econo time then deff. go!  I still think the naysayers need to shut their fucking trap.  So it's a another slasher flick?  I give this more credit than that played out FD4, or the shitty SAW franchise..........
Overall rating ( * * * )
Mr. What?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...