Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pandorum (2009)

Starring: Dennis Quaid, Ben Foster, Cam Gigandet, Antje Traue, & Cung Le
Directed by Christian Alvart
Ok so here is the skinny.  2 Astronauts aboard an Ark ship awake from their Cryogenic tanks with memory loss.  No clue about who they are or what happened. As they search the ship for clues of origin, mission ( if any ), and other crew members, something is aboard the ship chasing them.  I don't want to give away what is chasing them, but I will say it's Mutants....In some way;)  Nothing original about the movie really, We've seen it before in Pitch Black, Aliens, and so forth, but at times there was a more savage feel than the others.  The only complaint I have is when the Mutants attack its like every other mutant/zombie survival film.  I missed the old days when it wasn't a big shoot em' up fest and you felt like you were there trying to survive.  Now days it's like everything goes into action mode and nobody runs out of ammo.  The SFX were pretty good and the acting was decent as well.  I was suprised with Mr Quaid though.  Finally he pulled the stick out of his ass and decided to play decent roles.  I mean G.I. Joe will always be Ambers bane of life, but I felt he did a good job, and with Pandorum...well....it was like watching him in the 80s with Jaws 3, and Dreamscape.  All in all folks Pandorum wasn't a bad flick at all, it just needed to lax off of the corny action thats all.
Overall rating ( * * * )
Mr. What?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...