Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Orphan ( 2009 )

Directed by Jaume Collet-Sera
Stars: Vera Farmiga, Peter Sarsgaard, Isabelle Fuhrman, & Jimmy Bennett.
     I'm going to lazy about this review.  At the time I saw this movie it seemed like another borderline PG-13, R rating.  I was half right.  OK loyal readers as always here is the plot line.....
A husband and wife who recently lost their baby adopt a 9-year-old girl who is not nearly as innocent as she claims to be.
    Wasn't there a flick in the 90's similar to this?  Kinda.  I'll admit I for one was not stoked to watch this.  It looked like The Good Son with a little girl instead of the kid from Home Alone.  I was, once again, half right.
     So as expected a family adopts the little girl and she is a total psycho..Kinda.  People die, no body listens to the person who might know the truth.  Kinda.  Blah, Blah, Blah....  I have no idea why anybody would give this movie more thn 2 stars.  The acting is so so, The deaths are Gruesome, and there is a little twist involved.
     It was ok if you like your horror light and kinda weird, but if you want something different and outstanding, then go see the Jim Rose Circus.
Overall rating ( * * )
Mr. What?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...