Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just Go With It (2011)

Director: Dennis Dugan

Writers: Allan Loeb, Timothy Dowling

Starring: Adam Sandler, Jennifer Aniston, Brooklyn Decker

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1564367/

 Just got off the road and back in Oklahoma, where I can actually find myself in a theater. I got back here and had no clue what any of the movies out were about. It's been so long since I've been in a theater that I haven't seen a preview for one of them. I guess that's what happens when you live on the road and crash places with no television. I tell ya though... I don't feel as though I was missing anything. These movies kept me half-assed entertained for a couple hours, but nothing stuck with me. There was no style or substance. I'll still give you the run down though, I watched 'em... so I might as well give ya a head's up to what it's all about.

 First flick I saw was the new Adam Sandler vehicle 'Just Go With It', I popped into my old theater and while waiting around one of the kids asked me if I wanted to see that one. It's about what you would expect from Adam Sandler. Tired jokes and absurd situations that you completely forget about once you leave the theater.

 Adam Sandler plays a schmuck named Danny. He has a huge honker and a slut for a girlfriend. His wedding day he overhears her talking about her sexcapades  and heads to the bar. Finds out his sob story can get him laid by hot women, keeps the ring and whores himself out for the next decade. During this time he's become a plastic surgeon and got his nose fixed. He meets this babe Palmer (Brooklyn Decker) and thinks he loves her, so he piles li upon lie upon lie... Gets himself a fake family and fake ex-wife, his secretary Jennifer Aniston, and heads off on a Hawaiian vacation with his new girl and fake family. Hijinks ensue and... you guessed it... he falls for Jennifer Aniston. Never saw it coming, did ya?

 It's filled with the same basic humor you come to expect from Sandler film. Nothing new here and leaves you wondering when this horse will die.

Verdict: * *

- Xtoph

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...